Exciting news!!! My blog was chosen for a Sunshine Blogger Award!!! Yay!!! Thank you so much to Om Trips Blog for choosing me.
Instead of just reposting the award, I designed a little graphic to describe it!
- How do you imagine the ideal “om trip“?
My ideal om trip is one where I can have an equal balance of rest & sightseeing.
- What’s your hometown (or where do you live right now), and would you recommend it for an “om trip“?
My hometown is Mexico City, and it is beautiful. There are so many things to love about my country. Whether you go to the city, the towns surrounding it, or the beaches, you’ll find that Mexico offers everything!
- Which is your favorite gallery/museum?
United States: My favorite museum is actually the Newseum in Washington D.C. I’ve visited four times, and each time has been rewarding in some way. I love seeing how much journalism has evolved over the years, as well as the Pulitzer Prize Photographs gallery. My favorite thing to do is walk up to the balcony and see the nation’s capital in its full glory. Minus the Trump administration.
Mexico: My favorite museum/attraction is the Museo de Dolores Olmedo. It is home to hundreds of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera's art pieces. The museum itself is actually a sixteenth-century hacienda, and real peacocks are free to roam the land.
Europe: My favorite museum is the Centre Pompidou in Paris, France. It is actually the largest museum of modern art in Europe, and there is just so much to see. When I visited over the summer, there was a David Hockney exhibition and a Walter Evans exhibition, both of whom are fantastic artists in their own ways. Another thing I love about the Centre Pompidou is the gift shop. I’m always a sucker for art museum gift shops, but this one was *especially* incredible.
- What is the first thing you do when you arrive in a foreign country?
The first thing I do when I arrive in a foreign country is go eat at a local restaurant because traveling is exhausting!
- Do you practice any kind of sport while traveling?
Walking. Lots and lots of walking. I hope that counts.
- What do you collect from your travels – besides memories?
I love keeping boarding passes from my flights and business cards from the different places I’ve eaten.
- What is your favorite travel book?
I don’t have one yet! If you have a recommendation, please leave it in the comments below.
- What is your favorite travel quote?
- Are you happy here and now? Give some advice how to be happy in the present moment?
I actually just wrote a post about happiness! You can find it here.
- We are based in Bulgaria. Do you have plans to visit Bulgaria one day?
It’s definitely on my bucket list!