Fact #1: I am obsessed with Greek flavors. Give me feta + kalamata olives + olive oil and I’m a happy girl. Fact #2: I am not especially good at cooking. I have a very limited repertoire when it comes to cooking.
But, this recipe is actually super easy to make, and it makes for a perfect lunch.
1. Pour one cup of water in a pan and set the temperature to high.
2. Once the water is boiling, add the quinoa and turn the heat down to low. Cover the pan, and set a timer for 15 minutes (or however long your box of quinoa says).
3. While the quinoa is cooking, begin chopping the red onion, cucumber, olives, and mint.
4. PAUSE. CHECK ON YOUR QUINOA. Is there any water left in the pan? If so, leave it alone. If not, add a cup or so of water.
5. Once your quinoa is done and you’ve finished cutting your vegetables, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
6. Whisk the red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, sea salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
7. Combine the vinaigrette into the quinoa until it is fully mixed.
8. Finish off with a sprig of mint, and enjoy!!
Let me know in the comments below if you’re going to try this recipe! And if you do make it, let me know 😉